Palak Paneer – Spinach and Indian Cheese Recipe
If you like Palak (Spinach) and Paneer (Indian Cheese), you’ll love this creamy Indian gravy made with these two wonderful ingredients. Palak Paneer is a common Indian delicacy, and I’d like to share my favorite recipe for making it.
- 250 grams paneer
- 2 bunches of palak
- 3 medium-sized onions (finely chopped)
- 2 medium tomatoes (finely chopped) OR tomato puree, depending on your preference
- 2 green chilies (slit into half)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 ginger paste
- 1/2 garlic paste
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp chana masala
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 tbsp oil
season with salt to taste
Cream to use as a garnish
- Cook the palak (spinach) in boiling water for about 5 minutes, then cool and grind to a fine paste.
2 . Slice the paneer into small cubes and deep fry until golden brown.
3 . In a wok or nonstick pan, heat the oil and add the cumin seeds. Wait until it crackles, then make sure it doesn’t smoke. Cook until the onions are golden brown, then add the chopped onions and green chilies. Sauté for another minute after adding the ginger garlic paste. Sauté for another 1-2 minutes after adding the turmeric powder, chili powder, and chana masala powder. After that, whisk in the tomatoes/tomato puree until the oil separates.
4 . Add 1 cup water and the palak paste to this mixture. (Tip: the water used to cook the spinach can be reused.)
5 . Stir in the paneer, garam masala, sugar, and salt, and cook until the gravy begins to bubble. If the gravy seems to be too dry, add a little more water.
6 . Finish with a dollop of sour cream.
Learn How to Prepare Mouth-Watering Paneer Tikka
All about India is diverse, including culture, faith, language, festivals, dances, art forms, and even food. When it comes to food, each religion and each state of the country have their own special preparation and taste.
On the Indian subcontinent, there is a wide variety of food to sample, but there are a few dishes that are especially tasty and well-liked by almost everyone. Paneer Tikka is one of those delectable Indian recipes with great flavor, seasoning, and taste.
If you want to learn how to make delicious Paneer Tikka, follow the steps below:
Ingredients are as follows:
• paneer (250 gms)
• 12 c. curd
• 1 tablespoon of ginger-chili paste
• 1 tbsp. chili powder
12 teaspoon garam masala
• 12 tablespoons chaat masala
• 12 tablespoons turmeric powder
12 teaspoon cumin powder
• 12 teaspoon sugar
• Mint leaves in a small bunch
• Coriander leaves in a small bunch
• 12 teaspoons lemon juice
• Season with salt to taste
• one medium onion
• one small tomato
• one small capsicum
• Put the curd in a muslin cloth and fully cover it. Allow it to hang for 4 to 5 hours to remove any excess water.
• The paneer should then be cut into equal pieces and set aside.
• Now make a paste with the mint, coriander, and ginger-chili paste.
• In a mixing bowl, combine the hanging curd and the prepared paste.
• Combine all of the spices, salt, and lemon juice in a mixing bowl.
• The cut paneer pieces should then be placed in the tub.
• Marinate paneer for about 30 minutes.
• In addition to paneer, you can marinate onion slices, capsicum, and tomato to taste. (this is an optional step)
• Then, in a nonstick pan, heat some oil and shallow fry the marinated ingredients.
• Serve hot with mint chutney and a pinch of chaat masala.